It has been snowing here off and on for about a week. This is from my living room window. See my newspaper buried there in the snow?
On cold days such as this I want something nice and warm to drink. Sometimes hot cocoa and tea just don’t cut it. That’s when I reach for my favorite warm, citrus drink known as Russian tea. It doesn’t have any actual tea in it, so I am not sure why it’s called Russian Tea. Not only is it warm and delicious, but it’s got a bunch of vitamin C in it, so you can’t go wrong.
Recipe and Instructions:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 quarts water
- 3 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cups lemons juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- To make syrup combine ingredients and boil for 5 minutes.
- While syrup is boiling mix tea ingredients into a large pot and heat over a medium heat.
- Once syrup is done add it to the pot of tea ingredients and stir.
- Serve hot over a slice of citrus.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email once weekly and
to gain access to the FREE Cricut Cut Files page.