Just over a year ago I attended a baby shower for my sister. We had a salad bar with all sorts of salads. One of her sisters-in-law made the most delicious salad. Fresh green spinach. Creamy pesto. Buttery pine nuts. Flavorful sun-dried tomatoes. Mmmm. So good.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 cup of pesto
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 4 cups fresh spinach, washed
- Cook pasta until firm. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Add pesto and stir gently until all the pasta is well coated.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss until throughly mixed.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Notes: Salad can be made ahead of time, but if you are making a day in advance I would recommend adding the spinach an hour or two before serving, so as to not let it wilt.