- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ cup oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Blend sugars and shortening together in a mixer.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- In another bowl combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flour. Add to mixer slowly until all of the dry ingredients are mixed in.
- Add in coconut, oats, craisins, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Spoon out tablespoon sized balls on to baking sheet, making sure to place them 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 for 9 to 12 minutes, or until a golden brown color.
I bake mine for 9 minutes to get them softer and 1o for crispier. Yeah they stop being soft that fast.
This recipe makes 4-5 dozen cookies.
These cookies are super easy to make lactose free too. Crisco is lactose free, so the only other issue is the chocolate chips. I use Ghirardelli or Winco bulk bin.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email once weekly and
to gain access to the FREE Cricut Cut Files page.