Do you eat pie for breakfast? I do. Sometimes. If I have any. So I decided to make up a healthy version, so I can feel like I’m cheating. In comes the Apple Pie German Pancake recipe.
If you have ever been to Richard Walker’s Pancake House in San Diego or The Original Pancake House in Sugarhouse you have probably seen their delicious apple pancakes. They are seriously the best thing on the menu. I was craving one over the weekend so I made up a clean eating verson. It even works for Paleo. Plus it so easy to make. Just a few ingredients.
- 2 apples
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 1 T coconut flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- Place a pie pan in the oven and preheat to 375˚.
- Peel, core, and thinly slice apples. Put apple slices in a bowl with maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir to coat thoroughly.
- Remove pie pan from oven. Melt coconut oil in the hot pan. Swirl to coat the sides of the pan.
- Pour coated apples and all juice into the hot pan. Let sizzle and rest in the hot pan while you work on the egg mixture.
- Whisk eggs until thoroughly incorporated. Whisk in coconut flour. Pour mixture over apples.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the center is firm.
This was delicious and cinnamony sweet. You’ll want to eat the whole pan. I know I want to.
Even my husband, who is not a fan of cooked apples, thought it was pretty good. I will definitely be adding this to our list of weekend breakfasts.
And since it’s all natural ingredients I don’t feel too bad when I eat more than my share.
Be sure to stop by my simple clean recipes page to find more recipes like this one.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and
to gain access to the FREE Cricut Cut Files page.