This recipe for homemade rocky road candy only has five simple ingredients and is super easy to make.
I confess, rocky road is not my favorite. It’s typically not an ice cream flavor that I will choose. But I do enjoy this candy. And people who do like rocky road will LOVE this recipe. It’s chocolatey, crunchy, salty, and sweet all at the same time. What’s not to like about that?
It is simple treat to make last minute as it only takes five ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand.
- 1 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 T butter
- 2 cups of dry roasted peanuts
- 1 10.5 oz bag of miniature marshmallows
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix peanuts and marshmallows.
- Heat chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter in a sauce pan over low heat until chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is throughly combined. Remove from heat and pour over peanuts and marshmallows.
- Stir to coat peanuts and marshmallows completely with chocolate.
- Pour into prepared pan and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store covered at room temperature.
My brother-in-law loves it. I had a pan of it setting up and when I came home a few hours later he had eaten half of it himself. I don’t want to eat half a pan in one sitting as it is too rich for me. It’s almost fudgy with nuts and marshmallows. I wouldn’t really consider it a fudge though since the candy to nut/marshmallow ratio isn’t very high.
This candy is usually one of the first holiday treats to disappear. Whether you are making treats for yourself, a party, or gifts it makes a great addition to your holiday baking.
Want more holiday treats? Check out my popcorn ebook with 12 delicious popcorn recipes!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email once weekly and
to gain access to the FREE Cricut Cut Files page.