Microwave popcorn is a great snack. It’s quick and easy. And with my DIY microwave popcorn it is healthy too. It tastes just like air popped, but without the use of an air popper.
It’s super easy to make your own microwave popcorn. Which is great because popcorn is one of Thor’s favorite snacks. So when he starts asking for popcorn I can have some fresh popcorn for him in less than two minutes.
All you need is popcorn kernels, a paper lunch bag, and a microwave.
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- Put ¼ cup of popcorn in the bag.
- Fold the top down two to three times.
- Place the bag in microwave, standing up.
- Set time for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook times vary depending on your microwave. Be sure to stand there and listen for the popping to slow. When the pops slow way down the popcorn is done. If you wait too long the popcorn will burn.
In my microwave it takes about 1 ½ minutes. So it really takes no time at all. Then you can add your favorite toppings or eat it plain.
This recipe makes about 4 cups of popped popcorn. That’s the perfect size for a snack. Or pop a couple bags and you’ll have enough for some fun popcorn recipes. You can even reuse the bag a few times. Just be sure to dump out all the unpopped kernels before putting a new scoop in.
Check out my other popcorn recipes.