My favorite thing at Sizzler is the cheese toast. To be honest I’m not the biggest fan of anything else there. I will definitely eat there if that’s where we’re going but I just don’t see the point of paying $10 when all I really want is the cheese toast. This copycat Sizzler cheese toast recipe is so easy to make, you’ll want to have it with dinner every night.
My mom made some with a dinner I had at her house recently and I thought it would be a perfect recipe to make for Ricky. He also loves the cheese toast, however with his lactose intolerance he shouldn’t eat too much of it. But at home, he can have all the cheese toast he wants. I make it with lactose free bread, butter, and Kraft parmesan cheese. I mentioned in my previous post of lactose free dairy that Kraft has lactose free cheese. The green can of grated parmesan cheese is lactose free. Check the back. It should say 0 grams of lactose.
- 4 slices of bread
- 3 T Butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Butter the bread.
- Pour parmesan cheese on to a small plate.
- Press bread, butter side down, into the parmesan cheese. Tap off extra cheese.
- Heat a pan over medium, melt the remaining butter in the pan.
- Place bread, cheese side down, into hot buttered pan.
- Gill until cheese is golden brown.
Note: I found that in my pan it was easiest to cut the bread in half diagonally and arrange 4 triangles into a square in the pan like so:
It’s so delicious we’ve eaten it three times this week.